Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Kid friendly science shows!

Distance Learning

Kid friendly science shows!

Author Post
Mia Ramirez Mia Ramirez 440 Points

Hello! I was hoping to recieve some recommendations for science shows or movies that are child friendly. I know most of us are very familiar with the successful animated series, 'The Magic School Bus' or 'Bill Nye the Science Guy', but does anyone know of any current series with a focus on science that is popular with elementary level students? Can't wait to hear your recommendations, thank you!

Mary Lynn Hess Mary Hess 12158 Points

Hi Mia, I ran across this link that rates science shows for kids. Also, if you are studying animals, there are plenty of live/recorded web cams for students to watch and collect data. One of my kids favorites is Cornell Lab FeederWatch.  It's facinating to see all the different type of birds that stop by the feeders.

Attachments

Science Shows (External Website)

Jonathan Fisher Jonathan Fisher 60 Points

Hi! My colleagues and I make planetarium shows about the brain through the neurodome project (neurodome.org). We also have turned some of the content into virtual reality that you can view with a mobile phone (using Google Cardboard). Here's a link to that 360-degree version, which kids can explore with phones/ipads:

https://youtu.be/P00C9VXEHlA

I'll leave this public for a while. Otherwise, it's distributed through Loch Ness Productions if you want higher resolution, or for an actual dome (here's their link).

Enjoy,

Jonathan

Gwendolyn Silvers Gwendolyn Silvers 10 Points

Hey, I am searching for science shows or movies that are child friendly and I am glad I found your post where you have shared a link with us. I will surely visit over there. I have never seen a science show in 360 degrees and it will be my first time and I am so excited. I was actually searching for this https://write-my-essay.online/write-my-personal-statement/ website online because I want to hire a professional essay writer to complete my essay assignments and I wasn't expecting that I will find your post as well.

Marry Souge Marry Souge 20 Points

Cornell Lab FeederWatch is a really good one as someone above told it

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers