Forums

Forums / General Science and Teaching / SMART Board, how do I make it more than a fancy projector screen?

General Science and Teaching

SMART Board, how do I make it more than a fancy projector screen?

Author Post
Daniel Hukkanen Daniel Hukkanen 420 Points

I will be student teaching the spring and my classroom has a SMART Board. I have never seen one used as more than a projector screen you can write on with stylus markers. Could anyone please share their advice or point me in the direction of some good resources to help me get more out of my SMART Board?

Also, I think there is a way to have students interact with the SMART slides on their own devices. I have classroom Chromebooks, but I do not know if those would be compatible.

Melissa Garcia Melissa Garcia 3090 Points

SMART boards are an awesome tool to use in our classrooms! Smart board has softwares and programs for teachers that allow our students to have access to lessons from their own devices. Great apps/websites to use withthe smart board is Kahoot or Nearpod! Alot of textbooks are now online as well and have interactive lessons to use with smart boards! Another great thing about Smart boards is that because its on a computer youcan pre plan lessons and make them interactive on your own using the smart board. Good luck!

Daniel Hukkanen Daniel Hukkanen 420 Points

Melissa, thanks for recommending those apps, I will have to check them out!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers