Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Share your "interesting" experiences in distance learning

Distance Learning

Share your "interesting" experiences in distance learning

Author Post
Franklin Allaire Franklin Allaire 2625 Points

Lots of us have had interesting, unique, exciting, and challenging experiences working with students in online environments.  Share some of your experiences by writing it up as a case or dispute for one or both of the forthcoming books 'Teaching and Learning Online: Science for Elementary Grade Levels' or 'Teaching and Learning Online: Science for Secondary Grade Levels' to be published by Information Age Publishing.

These books will feature chapters, lesson plans, and cases/disputes developed by teachers for teachers, teacher candidates, graduate students, and teacher educators. The 'Cases and Disputes' sections of these edited books will feature scenarios meant to elicit individual reflection and thoughtful group discussion.

We want to encourage teachers to share the unique, interesting, exciting, and challenging experiences and conversations they have had working with students, parents, teachers, and administrators in online environments.  The deadline to submit an abstract/summary is November 30th.

Link to the full Call for Abstracts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwK4WtbwNIrBj2ttQ0FiKoLcbaOaT1-m/view?usp=sharing

Got questions? Email us at [email protected]

Jessica Jones Jessica Jones 465 Points

What's most intresting to me is the fact that the parents will actually give their child the answer to a question with the teacher sitting right there. Also, it is intresting that there are students who come to 'class' not fully dressed. One student came on with just his underwear on, which caused a lot of choas with the other students. Even after he was asked to put on more clothing, the class was pretty much ruined because the kids kept snickering and bringing up the underwear issue. 

Mia Whiting Mia Whiting 850 Points

I know alot of us have many things we have experienced many things. I have seen a lot of challeneges and thanks for sharing. We face uncertainy with this time and this is our new norm. Not just with the pandemic but with teaching online. I didnt think that parents would do that but its crazy that you mentioned that. As for the underwear issue I'm sorry about that the class was 'ruined'. I know that things happen and its unfortunate. I know as techers we have to be ready for these things just like being prepared to answer misconcoptions in a lesson.      

Laura Pirtle Laura Pirtle 270 Points

It has been instersing seeing how important hands on learning truly is to our students as well as how much parents are giving the answers so they can be done eeven if their child isnt learning.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers