Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / 5E Lesson Plan-Iris Ortiz

Elementary Science

5E Lesson Plan-Iris Ortiz

Author Post
Jeannie Lu Jeannie Lu 1265 Points

My lesson plan is about the parts of the plants. What hands on activities can I do in order to ensure that the elaborate part of my lesson plan is align with the TEKS? 

Hello Ms. Ortiz,

There are many great things you can do in a lesson about the parts of a plant. First, you want to make sure that you have a 'Engaged' activity/video. I suggest you introduce this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-l-gsWOKzk) it talks about the parts of a plant and it has the beat to the song of Anna Kendrick called Cups. You could have a discussion afterward about what your students learned from the video or implement a K-W-L chart prior to the video. As far as an activity, you could have a project where children grow their own plant and observe their plant every day and see how their plant grows. They will notice the roots, stem, leaves, and flower from the plant and record their observations. I hope this can help you with an idea of an activity that can be aligned to your lesson plan. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers