Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Energy

New Teachers

Energy

Author Post
Devleta Memic Devleta Memic 3510 Points

Hello everyone, I am a current clinical student in 8th grade. I have to teach a science lesson in about 2 weeks about energy. I do not know how to approach the topic in a fun way. My idea is to have students create roller coaster and use marbles to explore kinetic and potential energy as well as gravitational. Is this plausible? What are some other fun, inquiry based possible way to teach this lesson? Thank you in advance for your help.

Caroline Dillon Caroline Dillon 315 Points

I definitely think that is plausible and that sounds like it will be very engaging. Go for it! Have fun!

Caroline Dillon Caroline Dillon 315 Points

I definitely think that is plausible and that sounds like it will be very engaging. Go for it! Have fun!

Devleta Memic Devleta Memic 3510 Points

It went great! The students had a lot of fun and they learned the concepts I taught. Arlene, I actually used the website and it helped students wrap their heads around what what happening with the roller coasters. Thank you!

Destiny Huggins Destiny Huggins 10040 Points

I am a student teacher and I am teaching a lesson on energy as well. I have 3rd grade and of course my supervisor is going to observe me. I am also trying to come up with an engaging lesson/activity that I can use. I have seen so many, but I am afraid to do them, since I am new and there are SO many places for things to go wrong. I have seen the roller coaster, but am wondering if that can be done with 3rd... any suggestions would be great! THANKS!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers