Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Water Cycle

Early Childhood

Water Cycle

Author Post
Tiffany Mercado Tiffany Mercado 485 Points

What would be a great way to teach students about the water cycle through zoom?

Fabiola Paniagua Fabiola Paniagua 205 Points

a great way that you could teach students about the water cycle through zoom is maybe showing a detailed powerpoints where you could discus definitions and demonstrations of how the water cycle occurs. 

Joseph Bellina Joseph Bellina 170 Points

Follwing the mantra of activity first, I think you could spend time on zoom showing your students the events that occur in a water cycle.  You could easily find videos or images on the web to show water in its various stages in a sequence that matches the cycle.  I think it could be very exciting done that way.  Having done that you could then and only then introduce language to represent the images that you are showing.  

best,

joe

Anne Lowry Anne Lowry 8543 Points

I'd start with their own houses.  Where do they thin the water does when it goes down the drain?  Many municipal water systems have inforgraphics on their website showing the local water system.  As you work through that, you could bring in the traditional water cycle....e.g., so the water sits in the reservoir.  I wonder if it's muggy there.  I know when I am the lake, it's often muggy.  Lead them to think it through.  If you live in an area where you have rain, it is much easier to do!

Take care

Anne

Madeline Henderson Madeline Henderson 285 Points

I would ask them where the water goes when it rains and how they think rain is formed. I would show them pictures of a graph or the water cycle. 

Kaydee Sparks Kaydee Sparks 1031 Points

I would begin by asking how they use water in their daily lives. This will get the students to start thinking about water and how important it is. You could also show them a video to engage them while using specific vocabulary words that they can reference later.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers