Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Astronaut books

Early Childhood

Astronaut books

Author Post
Anne Lowry Anne Lowry 8543 Points

With the 50th anniversary only days away, what are some of your favorite astronaut books to read aloud in your class?

This year we have read old favorites  such as the Grandpa Takes Me to the Moon, The Astronaut Handbook, Living on a Space Shuttle, and My Journey to the Stars.  But we have also discovered several new ones:  I am Neil Armstrong, Mae Among the Stars, and Counting on Katherine.

Zachary Johnson Zachary Johnson 1075 Points

I am Neil Armstrong is my personal favorite to use in the classroom. The 'I am' series is one that I love to go back to whenever I'm teaching about an indivisual in history. The kids seem to really enjoy this book, and I love seeing them get into the story!

George Mehler George Mehler 1575 Points

Hello fellow science teacher,

I am replying you behalf of Funsciencedemos YouTube Channel that is home to hundreds of free videos for ideas for teachers and students to recreate in the classroom. Science is our passion and we are so excited to share our engaging, kid-teacher-parent friendly, and interactive lessons with you to use in the classroom or at home. Our videos adhere to the common core science standards, encompass a wide variety of science concepts, and are specifically geared toward younger learners. All videos on the FunScienceDemos channel come with an English subtitle that can be translated into almost any language, making science lessons accessible virtually any place in the world.  

We encourage you check it out and spread the word! We post new science videos once a month, please subscribe our channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/funsciencedemos

Sincerely,

The FunScienceDemos Team

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers