Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Advice for future teachers!

Early Childhood

Advice for future teachers!

Author Post
Madeline Cosentino Madeline Cosentino 225 Points

Hi my name is Maddie Cosentino! I am learning right now how to become a future teacher. I was wondering if you have any advice for classroom management strategies or things that have worked well in your classroom! Thank you! 

Sydney Barnett Sydney Barnett 240 Points

Hello! My name is Sydney Barnett. I am also a future educator and I am entering my senior year of college. I was wondering what are some good interactive science activities/experiments for kindergarten students? I do not want to make these activities too complicated for the students, but I do want to still make them interesting and engaging for them. Thank you!

Rachel Ballester Rachel Ballester 120 Points

Hi, my name is Rachel Ballester and I am a student teacher in my final placement year! What are some ways to incorporate more science into the day while fitting all of the required time for the other subjects in? I want to make sure my students are being exposed to more science throughout this year!

Caitlyn Fell Caitlyn Fell 30 Points

Hi, my name is Caitlyn Fell. I am in my final placement year, student teaching. I have been placed in a kindergarten classroom. I am curious if you have any ideas for hands-on activities that incorporate science into a kindergarten lesson. 

Cala Beltz Cala 50 Points

Hi! My name is Cala B. This is my last year before graduation and have been working in the field for around 4 years. I have visited and worked in many different school districts demographically and from many backgrounds. I would say that my best advice is to truely find what you care about. Depending on the district get to know your students and their backgrounds. I think making that connection with your kids and being able to be flexible and understadning will help you gain the most respect from your students and thats where the magic happens and students can learn in the safest and best environment. I do want to know more about sticking to a plan and philosphy. As I go through more placements my philiopshy definiely changes and Im working to be more committed to that in the classroom. How do you stick to your teacher voice?

Courtney Howell Courtney Howell 2255 Points

Hello! My name is Courtney. I have been teaching for 5 years now. To me, the most important thing is to build positive relationships with your students right off the bat. You want them to trust you, and know that you have their back. MOST of the time, they also respond to redirection better once that relationship is established. Also, say what you mean, and mean what you say. If you say an action has a certain consequence, DO IT. Once they see inconsistency, they will know that they can get away with stuff. Good luck!

Carson Holtke Carson 650 Points

My name is Carson, and I am in currently studying early education and child development at an elementary level. I think this is a great point! Before students are willing to fully learn from you, they need to trust you first. It is important to create that safe classroom environment. Thank you for the advice, Courtney!

Carson Holtke Carson 650 Points

My name is Carson, and I am in currently studying early education and child development at an elementary level. I think this is a great point! Before students are willing to fully learn from you, they need to trust you first. It is important to create that safe classroom environment. Thank you for the advice, Courtney!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers