Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Pre-K Virtual Learning

Early Childhood

Pre-K Virtual Learning

Author Post
Crystal Trevino Crystal Trevino 515 Points

What can be done with the pre-k and Kinder age groups to encourage science learning during virtual learning so that they stay engaged and motivated?

Brandi Ramirez Brandi Ramirez 285 Points

Share videos about science from websites like go noodle. 

Demi Cerda Demi Cerda 415 Points

Use more visual aids with students and assign hands on activities with items that are accessible at home so that it is engaging.

Juliana Texley Juliana Texley 1490 Points

Both a cell phone and an inexpensive document camera can hook up to zoom or Facetime. Try an at home experiment and ask students to share it with a friend. (Doc cameras start at about 50 dollars but have a ton of uses and show a bigger space than the phone.)

Andrea Venegas Andrea Venegas 390 Points

Thank you for your feedback, and yes this is a great investment to make if you have school grade students. Sometimes the students struggle fixing their laptop camara or electronic device and this can be set up by an adult and this make the virtual school experience less difficult when it comes to sharing your thoughts to the students and vice-versa. 

Sofia Guerra Sofia Guerra 480 Points

Hello Andrea my name is Sofia Guerra and I am a student at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Although I am not in the classroom yet I have a 4-year-old niece who has a short attention span. What I have noticed works best for her when talking about academics are games. She has an i-pad which she uses to watch videos. It would be nice to find a program that has Science games online for pre-k students. If I find a program that is suitable I will return to the forum. Nice talking to you! 

Juliana Texley Juliana Texley 1490 Points

I love the program Loopimal.  You program a simple dance (by your favorite animal.) Then you try to imitate it. (I advise not choosing the squid :))

Lilia Ramirez Lilia Ramirez 85 Points

One of the things that can be done is to first let them explore around or in the backyard since it is one of the most basic ways in which they can get to know their natural environment, then create activities in open spaces and as they discover. things go explaining to them based on science.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers