Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Classroom Hints

New Teachers

Classroom Hints

Author Post
Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

I just read a really interesting article that is perfect for new teachers. Here is my review of the article. I have also attached the article. This teacher has some very interesting ways to manage a classroom. The first day she has a unique way to get to know the students and have the students get to know her. She also has an interesting way of students raising their hands...an open hand means they want to ask a question and a closed hand means they want to answer the question. This article would be perfect for new teachers.

Attachments

Kathy Nickerson Kathy Nickerson 2075 Points

Betty, Thanks for the reference to this article. I also liked her first day activity and am going to give it a try this fall. Kathy

Alexis Kunde Alexis Kunde 1150 Points

Thanks for the great suggestion! This article is full of helpful information! I'll definitely will be keeping this in mind!

Alan Samuels Alan Samuels 37205 Points

This is a great article! Thanks for posting. I wouldn't mind actually being in her classroom on the first day because it seems quite interesting. I'd probably want to try something like this when I get my own classroom next year. I also like the idea of using a yearbook to learn faces with names.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers