Forums

Pre-service Teachers

Love

Author Post
Amanda Floyd Amanda Floyd 345 Points

I have had my 2 placments, 100 hours and had one recently as well as being in a different classroom 2 days a week. During this time, I was around close to 45 different students, averaging 23 students per class. My placement students were my favorite, I spent more time with them and they respected me more since there was only 1 of me there and 5 other classmates in the other classroom. I say that to say this, I definitely had favorites in my placement. I never showed favoritism, but some students are just easier to like than others. I did not struggle too bad this semester but I was not with them all day every day. My CT described students as 'I can't stand him' and I could see why she didn't but my feelings toward him were not that strong as far dislike went. Something I struggle with is knowing the children's homelives and acting differently towards them in a good way, allowing them to get away with things other students can't, letting them do certain things in the classroom to make them feel needed, etc... I student teach next semester so I will see how it goes as far as treating all students fairly. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers