Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Education Student seeking advisors help

New Teachers

Education Student seeking advisors help

Author Post
Kaitlyn Houck Kaitlyn Houck 1560 Points

Hello, I am a Elementary Education student at Central Michigan University and I am completing an assignment on how to use the Learning Center as your e-text.   I need to talk to an online advisor and ask them one thing that an online advisor can do for me as a pre-service teacher using the Learning Center resources.  So if there are any Online Advisors that could answer that question for me I would really appreciate it.

Kaitlyn Houck

Amanda Wolfe Amanda Wolfe 16375 Points

Hi Kaitlyn,

Brooke had asked a similar question last night and this was my response to her:
The Online Advisors are an amazing group of supportive science teaching professionals who also use the learning center. They know the learning center well and can help you find resources you are looking for around a certain topic. For example they may monitor several forums and be able to connect you to a particular discussion thread that had taken place in the past but is relevant to your current needs. Hope this helps!

Shannon Fasing Shannon Fasing 865 Points

Hello Amanda, I just joined the learning center for an e-text as well. I will be teaching 9th/10th grade biology. Is there a tutorial I can watch to best utilize the learning center? Thank you

Amanda Wolfe Amanda Wolfe 16375 Points

Hi Shannon, You are reading my mind. I am actually in the process of creating a set of tutorial videos for how to best utilize the learning center. The first one approved and published is the profile video. Here is the link: https://learningcenter.nsta.org/help/?a=videos or you can follow the "Help" pathway. Other short tutorials I am working on that will be coming soon are how to build your library of resources and share your collections and developing your Professional Learning Plan through the Learning Center. Thank you for asking through the forums!

Flavio Mendez Flavio Mendez 52501 Points

Hi Shannon, While we work on the "How To" videos that Amanda mentioned, you may also watch the web seminar archive found on the URL below. The program provides an overview of the NSTA Learning Center. http://learningcenter.nsta.org/products/symposia_seminars/NSTA/webseminar54.aspx Take care, Flavio.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers