Forums

Forums / Evaluation and Assessment / Teaching students how to respond to open-ended questions

Evaluation and Assessment

Teaching students how to respond to open-ended questions

Author Post
Susan Susan Susan Susan 230 Points

Hi,

I'm a new biology teacher working in an urban environment and am looking for existing curriculum on how to teach students to understand and respond to open-ended questions. Before I create something new, can anyone point me in the direction of any existing resources? Thanks

Vinsensia Wunga Vinsensia Wunga 2056 Points

Hi there,

Encouraging students to ask and answer questions during lessons is very important. I think, as teachers we need to be creative and always try to encourage students to participate in all the class activities. It will not be easy, but we will never be able to know the outcomes until we try to do it. If I may suggest, I think you can begin the open-ended questions by asking the students anything that related to the lesson you are going to teach the class. Have the students volunteer to ask or to aswer the questions is on of the best ways we can do.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers