Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / 2nd Grade Lesson

Early Childhood

2nd Grade Lesson

Author Post

Hello! I am currently a practicing elementry teacher. I am scheduled to teach a science lesson in the next couple of weeks to a 2nd grade class. I would love any suggestions or tips to lessons i could teach! My class has 23 students and consist of mostly ESL Students.  Thank you for your help in advance! 

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

Kimberly, if you let me know a specific strand of science, Iwould be happy to share some ideas with you. I taught 2nd grade for 12 years. I realized they could do most of the things the upper grade levels did as long as it was modified to fit them.

Marianne Cane Marianne Cane 710 Points

I see many student teachers looking for activities to teach. My advice is to look closely at the science standards and think about the content. There are many ideas about ways to teach the content, but it is very important to begin with really knowing what the children need to understand at their grade level. You may surprise yourself with creative ideas for experiences for them to encounter the phenomena they need to explain.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers