Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / HOW ENGAGE EACH TYPE OF LEARNER ON DISTANCE LEARNING

Distance Learning

HOW ENGAGE EACH TYPE OF LEARNER ON DISTANCE LEARNING

Author Post
Julissa Zarate Julissa Zarate 740 Points

During the pandemic, teachers had to switch to online learning and still create meaningful, engaging lessons to teach science content. In this case, what tips can teachers share to help other teachers create engaging learning activities to maximize the learning for each type of learner in the classroom?

Sheila Navarro Sheila Navarro 480 Points

Hi! I belive a way that teachers can help create engaging learning activities is by getting to know their students as much as they can even if it is virtually. This way teachers can make sure that they are able to choose activities that the students who are remote learning will resonate with and want to take part in. Thoug it is hard to engage students virtually, making lessons that students can relate to, are curious of and that they like is a way to maximize their learning for each individual learner. 

Sheila Navarro Sheila Navarro 480 Points

Since distance learning was something that not a lot of teachers were ready for, is there anything in specific advice that teachers would give those who are barely going into the feild? Is there anything that teachers did virtually that would help engage students in the traditional face to face classroom?

Frida Avalos Frida Avalos 460 Points

Hello! I would like to add to this discussion, I know that distance learning was very challenging especially to those that were going into their first year of teaching. In this case, I think what can help out is to be opened in searching resources from the internet or become more familiar with the use of technology. I know that sometimes there are webinars offered in almost all sites via online that can be a helpful resource for us to utilize.     

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers