Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Ladybug Life Cycle Resource

Elementary Science

Ladybug Life Cycle Resource

Author Post
Shannon Leahy Shannon Leahy 1080 Points

I recently put together a lesson on the Ladybug life cycle for second graders. While I was going through the process of creating the lesson plan, I came across this article on the NSTA website that someone had uploaded and I found it very helpful when generating ideas. My lesson was taught virtually, therefore I needed to make a few modificaitons. I love how this article had students make predictions of what the ladbug life cycle looks like. I decided to implement this into the lesson because it fit right into the CER (claim, evidence, reasoning) framework that I wanted to follow. This allowed students to make a claim as well as give teachers an idea of what students know about the ladybug life cycle already. This article also had students observing ladybugs in a habitat. I love this idea beacuse it allows students to get a first hand experience of how ladybugs change throughout their life cycle. With my lesson being taught virtual, the best way I could give students the opporunity to observe ladybugs in a habitat was though a timelapse video. This article also provided pictures of students' work for each activity. This made it easier to follow along with the article because I was able to see exactly what students were thinking as they worked through the different activities. I would definitely suggest utilizing this article to anyone that is interested in implementing a lesson about the ladybug life cycle in the future!

Attachments

Madison Johnson Madison Johnson 4665 Points

This is really cute! Thanks for sharing!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers