My name is Gloria Guerrero. I am currently a student at UT Tyler and am interested in teaching the lower elementary grades. I want to become a teacher in order to be able to help my students have a positive experience in education and learn to love it. My favorite area of science to learn about is the human anatomy and physiology. For this reason, I am going to pursue a Master's degree after I have settled down as an elementary teacher in the hopes of getting a job as a college level Anatomy and Physiology professor. I want to inject the same interest and passion into my students as my college professor did for me.
Flow of Matter and Energy in Ecosystems SciPack
Share on Facebook
Email to a Friend
View all public collections by Gloria
Fri, Feb 21, 2020 11:18 AM in Classroom Management during FUN Lessons
I am currently a semester and a half away from graduating and hopefully jumping right into the work force. As I personally love science, I am excited to bring fun activites and experiments into my classroom for my students to enjoy and learn with. However, my main concern/fear with this is that I will not be able to rein in the excitment and will struggle with classroom m...
View Full Post
View all posts by Gloria
Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:56 AM A Week for Space - Article Review
1. I loved this article because it presented the idea of “Space Week” as a school-wide teacher collaboration which I think makes everything more fun for the students. I also loved all of the activities that were presented within the article.
2. I learned the details behind some of these amazing and fun activities that I had heard about so that I can do them with my future students.
3. This article goes along with TEKS 4.8.C. The student is able to: collect and analyze data to identify sequences and predict patterns of change in shadows, seasons, and the observable appearance of the moon over time.
4. According to my experience, I love all of the ideas presented in this article. All of these activities and experiments will make the students more likely to comprehend and think critically of certain phenomena of earth and space. This will help them both learn and retain the content easier.
Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:42 AM Home Connections: Objects in Motion - Article Review
1. This article contains two fun demonstrations that children are going to love in order to see gravity and inertia in action. I believe that it is easier for students to learn and retain information whenever we can make it fun and interesting for them.
2. I already knew the actual information about the science behind these demonstrations, however, I learned how the specifics on how to do them for my students.
3. This article goes along with TEKS 4.6.D. The student is expected to: design a descriptive investigation to explore the effect of force on an object such as a push or a pull, gravity, friction, or magnetism.
4. I agree with everything stated in this article. I also think that these demonstrations illustrate other things other than inertia, such as gravity and even friction.
Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:28 AM Assessing for Achievement Review
1. I chose this article because it talks about integrating formative assessments into the 5E lesson model which is what I will be using in my classroom, especially for Math and Science. Students sometimes feel very overwhelmed with the traditional sit-down assessments, where they have to sit down for a specific amount of time and complete the test. This is much better.
2. I learned that as a teacher, I must “relate my assessments to the types of work my students were (are) doing (Marzano 2006).” I also learned that a checklist is a great and easy way to assess the students for understanding. The majority of children like sharing their interesting findings and results, and communication is a big part of what I will be needing to teach my students. Therefore, having children share what they have learned is a great form of assessment.
3. TEKS 4.2.F: The student is expected to: communicate valid oral and written results supported by data. This TEKS shows the importance of giving my students the opportunity to share their findings, which is also a great opportunity to assess them for understanding.
4. I agree with the main focus of the article which was that there are opportunities for assessments in each stage of the 5E lessons. These truly assess understanding and performance, without the test anxiety that many children experience.
View all reviews by Gloria
Forum Posts 1
Public Collections 8
This month 0
This year 0
All Time 2,395