Would you like to use the award-winning Picture-Perfect Science series but don’t want the hassle of tracking down the trade books that accompany each lesson? NSTA offers a collection of more than two dozen hardcover and softcover picture books used in the popular Picture-Perfect STEM Lessons, 3-5.
For teachers eager to integrate STEM into their school day, Picture-Perfect STEM Lessons is an exciting development. You’ll help your grades 3-5 students engage in STEM activities while they learn to read and read to learn.
Picture-Perfect STEM Lessons for the upper-elementary grades uses a remarkable variety of books to teach STEM concepts and reading’s comprehension strategies.
All the books fit inside a zippered canvas tote bag with a screened image of the book cover on it. This bundled set is a great value especially compared to the retail cost (and effort) of buying the books separately.
Please note that while we strive to build complete collections, occasionally we cannot find ample supply of one or more of the trade books. In such cases, we will ship the nearly complete collection to you, minus the missing book(s). If your collection is missing a book, rest assured that we are doing our best to find more stock of that book and will send it to you as soon as we can. If it proves impossible to stock the book in a reasonable amount of time, we will refund a portion of your payment.
If you have any questions about the book collection, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Titles in the set are
• An Ambush of Tigers: A Wild Gathering of Collective Noun (currently out of print and pricing of collection has been adjusted accordingly)
• Animals That Live in Groups
• Biomedical Engineering (and Human Body Systems)
• Boy, Were We Wrong About the Solar System!
• Building Dikes and Levees
• Burn: Michael Faraday’s Candle
• How Mountains Are Made
• How Things Work: Lightbulbs
• If You Hold a Seed
• The Inventor’s Secret: What Thomas Edison Told Henry Ford
• Let’s Think About the Power of Advertising
• Making Machines With Springs
• Mesmerized: How Benjamin Franklin Solved a Mystery That Baffled All of France
• National Geographic Kids: Wildfires
• Nefertiti, the Spidernaut: The Jumping Spider Who Learned to Jump in Space
• Next Time You See a Maple Seed
• Next Time You See a Spiderweb
• One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Women of the Gambi
• Orion and the Dark
• Recycling Crafts (Crafts Attack!)
• Rosie Revere, Engineer
• Solving the Puzzle Under the Sea: Marie Tharp Maps the Ocean Floor
• Space Exploration (Time For Kids
• Star Stuff: Carl Sagan and the Mysteries of the Cosmos
• Stars (Jump Into Science)
• STEM Trailblazer Bios: iPod and Electronics Visionary Tony Fadell
• Timeless Thomas: How Thomas Edison Changed Our Lives
• Two Bobbies: A True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship, and Survival
• Winter’s Tail: How One Little Dolphin Learned to Swim Again
Type NSTA Press BookStock # OK422X2