The 6 Principles are universal guidelines drawn from decades of research in language pedagogy and language acquisition theory that should undergird any program of English language instruction. These foundational principles are for all educators in any classroom where students are learning English as a new language or learning content through that new language. They are applicable across different educational settings, such as classrooms with children, dual language learners, emerging bilinguals, and multilingual students.
• Essential information on language development and second language acquisition
• Detailed explanations of each of The 6 Principles
• Practical applications of The 6 Principles for your K-12 classroom
• Vignettes and examples from different contexts
• Ideas for building strong communities of practice
• A 6 Principles Self-Assessment
• Suggested applications for The 6 Principles beyond the classroom
Plus, gain access to informational videos, book discussion questions, and additional online resources for educators and educational personnel.
Type Acquired BookPages 142ISBN 978-1945-351303Stock # OP946X