This talk will give a brief history of Europa exploration, will describe what we know about Europa’s geology and interior, and will discuss NASA’s upcoming Europa Clipper mission. The Europa Clipper will launch in 2023 and will address many fundamental questions about icy ocean worlds beyond Earth.
View the Archive Video
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection.
Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
Below are comments from individuals who attended the seminar:
- "Embarrasing to say, but I did not know about Europa. Everything was new and interesting to me. Especially the information about plate tectonics and that even though it is smaller it has way more water than Earth."
- "I really enjoyed seeing the different images and found all of the similar features between Earth and Europa fascinating."
- "I really enjoyed this web seminar! This was a great topic to gain knowledge and learn more about."
- "I was awed by how much planning has to go into each mission, the decisions and tradeoffs that must be taken into account...I enjoyed the slide showing their proposed path around Europa and the bits of info such as their reasoning behind that decision, why they chose not to fly over the poles, the logistics of drilling through the ice, etc."
- "It is my first time having zoom meeting. I have learned a lot. This is so valuable. What I enjoy the most is I can learn while staying at my home."
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' account page for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
For more information contact: email@example.com