NSTA’s mission is, “to promote excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all."
During the last six months with the pandemic, many have realized that more needs to be done globally to ensure our future. We know that science and science teaching is more important than ever. That means leaders in science education are essential to help meet these needs which include finding ways to inspire students to pursue careers in science. Leaders are needed to help other educators, parents, and community members recognize the importance of being scientifically literate in today’s world. Leaders are needed to serve as the voice for students and science as we look toward the future.
If over the last few months you’ve been wondering what you can do to help effect change, then we have the perfect leadership opportunity for you.
NSTA is now accepting applications for the 2021 election cycle with terms beginning June 1, 2021. Attend this web seminar to get information about:
- how you can apply and/or nominate a colleague,
- the criteria for each leadership position, and
- tips and strategies for submitting an effective and complete application.
The deadline for applications is October 19, 2020. Read more about the open offices for 2021 and apply today!
View the Archive Video
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection.
Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
Below are comments from individuals who attended the seminar:
- "I enjoyed the ability to do polls. Also someone was always ready to answer my questions before I even typed them."
- "I really enjoyed learning about how leadership helps frame the future of NSTA."
- "The information was nicely arranged and concise."
- "Very informative on the structure and function of NSTA."
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' account page for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
For more information contact: email@example.com