Our ocean is filled with numerous seamounts, guyots, and other volcanic features that profoundly influence tectonics, ecosystems, and ocean currents. NOAA Ocean Exploration seeks to characterize these features and their influences on our planet’s ocean, and understand their impact on human lives and the natural world. Join us as we explore seamounts of the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean basins, share what we’ve discovered and provide education resources to guide student understanding of these amazing hotspots of biologic and geologic diversity.
All individuals receive a certificate of participation and 100 NSTA activity points for attending the live seminar and completing the end-of-program survey. A certificate of participation is not awarded for watching the recorded version of the program.
View the Archive Video
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection.
Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
Below are comments from individuals who attended the seminar:
- "Enjoyed the presenters...they knew their content well and provided personal accounts which I enjoyed."
- "I didn’t realize how under-explored our ocean floor is. The videos and personal accounts were interested. I also appreciated seeing maps of the areas being studied."
- "I saved a few cool things that I will be able to use right away in my marine bio elective class."
- "It was very informative and I was excited to learn about actual research being done aligned with the curriculum I teach."
- "Presenters were very knowledgeable, well organized, and personable."
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' account page for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
For more information contact: [email protected]