Question…What do you think the “face of success” looks like? We think it looks like YOU volunteering your time, providing your viewpoints, and applying your experiences.
NSTA’s goal is to create a governing body that represents the tenets of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Change starts from within and NSTA’s success depends on you! The best way for NSTA to be successful is by enlisting the talents of its members, particularly at the decision-making level, by means of service on the Board of Directors and Council.
Whether you’ve been teaching for a year or 30, in a rural or urban classroom, your opinions matter. Your service as a member of the leadership team will not only provide a unique professional learning opportunity, but you’ll be helping to frame the future of the Association.
During this web seminar, you’ll learn:
- Who can apply and what positions are available for the 2023 election cycle;
- The criteria for each of the open leadership positions;
- Tips and strategies for submitting an effective and complete application;
- How to apply and/or nominate a colleague;
- How much time is required; and
- Who to contact to address your concerns.
All individuals receive a certificate of participation and 100 NSTA activity points for attending the live seminar and completing the end-of-program survey. A certificate of participation is not awarded for watching the recorded version of the program.
We invite you to register for upcoming web seminars at NSTA.
View the Archive Video
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection.
Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
Below are comments from individuals who attended the seminar:
- "I enjoyed the review questions and the interaction with the group as opposed to just lecturing and have us just listen."
- "I really enjoyed learning about the service opportunities and how to apply for these positions. I loved the walk through and the tips and tricks to applying and getting on the ballot."
- "Interesting to see what a larger role within NSTA might mean."
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' account page for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org