Question…What do you think the “face of success” looks like? We think it looks like YOU volunteering your time, providing your viewpoints, and applying your experiences.
NSTA’s goal is to create a governing body that represents the tenets of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Change starts from within and NSTA’s success depends on you! The best way for NSTA to be successful is by enlisting the talents of its members, particularly at the decision-making level, by means of service on the Board of Directors and Council.
Whether you’ve been teaching for a year or 30, in a rural or urban classroom, your opinions matter. Your service as a member of the leadership team will not only provide a unique professional learning opportunity, but you’ll be helping to frame the future of the Association.
During this web seminar, you’ll learn:
- Who can apply and what positions are available for the 2024 election cycle;
- The criteria for each of the open leadership positions;
- Tips and strategies for submitting an effective and complete application;
- How to apply and/or nominate a colleague;
- How much time is required; and
- Who to contact to address your concerns.
All individuals receive a certificate of participation and 100 NSTA activity points for attending the live seminar and completing the end-of-program survey. A certificate of participation is not awarded for watching the recorded version of the program.
This web seminar is hosted for and by the National Chapter for Preservice Teachers at NSTA. We invite you to register for upcoming web seminars at NSTA.
View the Archive Video
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection.
Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
Below are comments from individuals who attended the seminar:
- "Helpful if you are looking to take on more leadership roles."
- "I found this webinar to be very informative and encouraging in how to better serve my field of education and science for teachers."
- "This was very informative to learn about the process of taking a larger role in NSTA."
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' account page for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
For more information contact: [email protected]