In this web seminar, a team from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory will share information about the exciting Europa Clipper mission that will explore Jupiter’s moon Europa. Launching in 2024, Europa Clipper will study Europa’s icy surface and subsurface water ocean, helping us learn more about whether there are places on Europa that could be habitable.
In addition to speaking about the mission, the presenters will share information about NASA JPL Education resources to assist you in integrating science and math concepts into your classroom lessons.
All individuals receive a certificate of participation and 100 NSTA activity points for attending the live seminar and completing the end-of-program survey. A certificate of participation is not awarded for watching the recorded version of the program.
View the Archive Video
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection.
Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
Below are comments from individuals who attended the seminar:
- "Excellent presentation! Cynthia's presentation was informative and given in an interesting manner."
- "I loved hearing from a JPL NASA scientist (and a female scientist was even better). I loved her enthusiasm for the topic. Both of the speakers did a great job explaining difficult concepts and answering questions."
- "I loved the content, it's not common to find these kinds of webinars for free, specially with the amazing background of the speakers. Overall, the pace of the delivery was good, and the Q&A session provided enough time to properly answer every question."
- "The graphics and animations that were shared were perfect! It is so hard to find images that clearly communicate the concepts, especially with Astronomy. I also really value the links to resources that were shared."
- "This was a power packed, non-stop informative webinar! It was full of cutting edge information about space exploration to Europa."
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' account page for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
For more information contact: [email protected]