This inspiring look at teaching science presents a specific and creative approach designed to cultivate and strengthen students' critical thinking skills. The author provides interactive techniques and a variety of activities that involve student reflection, brainstorming, and verbal, visual, and analytical skills.
This second edition of Catch Them Thinking in Science offers easy-to-use strategies for cooperative learning and provides sample units of study that align with national science standards. The revised edition includes updated research, a new section on designing your own science activities, an expanded discussion of assessment methods, and an assortment of handy reproducibles to use with lesson plans. With the research-based rationale behind each activity and strategy, teachers will be able to help students:
• Make their thinking visible through graphic organizers such as webs, Venn diagrams, and matrices
• Gather, process, analyze, and apply information throughout the science curriculum
• Increase their comprehension by working in cooperative learning groups
Designed to promote the development of lifelong thinking and learning skills, this practical resource offers teachers powerful techniques for engaging students and advancing their achievements in science.
• Quick reference format
• Science activities that are aligned to national science standards
• Assessment suggestions
• Student reflection questions
• Theory-based rationale for each activity and strategy
• Guidelines for designing your own science lessons
• Handy reproducible masters
Type Acquired BookPub Date 10/1/2008ISBN 978-1-4129-6289-6Stock # OP875X