Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Tips on how to get students engaged in lessons

Early Childhood

Tips on how to get students engaged in lessons

Author Post
Kimberlyn Reynoso Kimberlyn Reynoso 610 Points

Hello, my name is Kimberlyn, as a future teacher my number one concern when teaching students, especially elementary students is how to keep their focus on the lesson knowing children have a shorter attention span, is there any tips or recommendations for helping students stay involved and active during the lesson?

Thank you 

Edith Cervantes Edith Cervantes 680 Points

Hello Kimberlyn, I think you can keep students focused on the lesson by using movement to have kids focused, and by removing visual distractions that will help them just be focused on the lesson. 

Leon Wong Leon Wong 760 Points

You can make classes more inclusive to activities in order to allow them to focus on something hands on rather than listen through a lesson.  Spice some activities in the middle of lessons to gather engagement and it'll even help you gather a more accurate understanding of the students understanding.

Precy Guillen Precy Guillen 680 Points

One of my biggest concerns in becoming a teacher is how would i get my future students engaged in the lesson. what if my lesson not engaging enough for the students or if they just dont find it interesting ? 

Britney Lazaro Britney Lazaro 1080 Points

Creating acivites that are hands on and that allows them to move around is something that can totally work since they are up and about as well as learning the content.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers