Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / 5E Lesson Plan Advice

Elementary Science

5E Lesson Plan Advice

Author Post
Zoey Fuqua Zoey Fuqua 275 Points

I will be teach my 5th grade class a lesson over Interdepency which is living and nonliving animals and objects in the enivornment and how they coexist and work together in our ecosystem. I wanted some input on my explore part in my lesson and how I can make it more engaging for my students. Below I have included that part of my lesson. 

Explore
Okay class now is time for a little bit of fun.  You will be creating models of environments based on the adaptations of an assigned animal. You will have 5 minutes to build and label.  Students will label the living and nonliving things that are a part of the environments. With your table groups.

Students create a model of the environment based on the adaptations of an assigned animals and label the living and nonliving things that are a part of the environment.

Alexa Cortez Alexa Cortez 690 Points

The lesson is good! But 5 minutes seems to not a lot of time to build and label anything. If students have to pick up the stuff from a different table it would take 5 minutes to get material together. the time should be like 15 to 20 minutes. with more time for the building and labeling it would benefit the students. other than that everything else is fine.

Kim Ly Kim Ly 570 Points

I like it, maybe add a variety of materials for them to build models. I'm also not sure if 5 minutes might not be enough to build and label the living and nonliving things that are a part of the environment. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers