Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / Aligning Undergraduate Science Curricula With Three-Dimensional Learning

Next Generation Science Standards

Aligning Undergraduate Science Curricula With Three-Dimensional Learning

Author Post
Valerie Scott Valerie Scott 1385 Points

This article was very helpful in developing an understanding of how college instructors worked together to ensure that preservice teachers receive the necessary instruction to understand how to implement 3D science teaching. This is key as teachers transition from theory to practice. I would love to hear feedback from anyone that has followed this path and how your experience was once you implemented 3D Science in the classroom once you started teaching. 

Kalleasha Collins Kalleasha Collins 950 Points

Hello Valerie,
In the article, there was a priority to ensure all college instructors received the appropriate training to implement 3D science teaching. The local school district did not apply the same initiative was not taken when the system started implementing 3D instruction in correlation with the New Generation Science Standards (NGSS). I agree that the key is supporting teachers through the transition from theory to practice. I am looking for more support and resources to utilize in the classroom to properly implement 3D instruction. Currently, I have strengthened my overall understanding of what 3D instruction entails. The core areas of 3-D science instruction are disciplinary core ideas, science and Engineering Practices, and cross-cutting concepts.

Afina Ahly Afina 20 Points

Implementing Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) with three-dimensional (3D) learning demands adept guidance and resources, especially for instructors transitioning theory into practice. While higher education prioritizes instructor training, local school districts lack similar initiatives, posing challenges in practical application. Just as meticulous attention to detail is crucial in luxury interior design in Dubai, comprehensive support and resources in classrooms are vital for successful 3D instruction implementation, emphasizing disciplinary core ideas, science and Engineering Practices, and cross-cutting concepts.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers