Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Magnets Lesson Plan Advice

Elementary Science

Magnets Lesson Plan Advice

Author Post
Anna Flores Anna Flores 570 Points

Hello, 

I created a magnets lesson for my 2nd graders, however there's some things I wanted to include but wasn't sure if I should include them or not. 

One of the thing I wanted to incorporate into the lesson is a book that's will engage the students into the lesson. If you have any suggestions on what I could read to my students please let me know! 

I also wanted to include a a jeapordy game as the evaluation portion of my 5E, but I wasn't sure if they was a good evaluation or if I should stick with my post assessment. Also if I did the jeapordy game is there somewhere I can create an easy jeapordy game and what kind of questions would you suggest I ask. 

Any kind of help or suggestions would be greatly appreaciated! Thank you in advance. 

Cris DeWolf Cris DeWolf 11965 Points

Hello Anna-

I teach high school, so am not sure what questions would be appropriate for your Jeopardy game. But I have used them with students, and found a website for you to look at to see if any of the suggested templates will work for you.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-jeopardy-powerpoint-templates-1358186

Lisa Ann Nishihara Lisa Ann Nishihara 780 Points

Hi Anna!

Here are some books on Magnets I found on Epic:

Discover Magnets by  Julia Vogel,

Magnets Push, Magnets Pull  by  David A. Adler,

Step-by-Step Experiments with Magnets  by  Gina Hagler.

I hope these resources are helpful!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers