Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Science at Home

Early Childhood

Science at Home

Author Post
Maria Bulnes Maria Bulnes 450 Points

Hello! I'm a future early childhood teacher who doesn't know much about science. I know certain things, and at time random facts will pop into my head and I'll surprise myself with how much I know. When it comes to having to teach the young ones about science, it scares me a little. Like what if they don't learn the concept of what I'm trying to teach or if I make it fun enough that they want to learn more. The one thing that is on my mind, as of late, is what if this pandemic never goes away. How will we be able to do fun experiements with kids while they are at home? For example, let's say their project for homework were to be building a roller coaster, with a parent; having an object get from point A to point B. How would the studnets get the materials needed to build said roller coaster? How would we get their parents to participate? 

Amethyst Perez Amethyst Perez 510 Points

Hello! I would recommend having alternative methods of having the students participate in the experiements. You can implement the use of videos and story telling to have the students be a part of the lesson. The students may watch a video or share a story of an experience they have had with building objects similar to roller coasters. We can also notify parents ahead of time about any projects or activities that may require parent participation. This can be done through email, text, phonecalls, or mail.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers