Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Future teacher

Early Childhood

Future teacher

Author Post
Demi Cerda Demi Cerda 415 Points

As a future teacher in the world of virtual learning, what are different ways that we can deliver instruction that would have been hands on in the classroom for our students? How can we deliver instruction that is going to keep our students engaged besides paper and packet instruction?

Adrian De La Garza Adrian De La Garza 670 Points

It can be difficult at first, especially for teachers who are not very knowledgable in technology. Its important for teachers to familiarize themselves with different apps or websites that they can use to make instruction fun and engaing. Some websites that I have used in my time as a college student are: Kahoot, LessonUp and Loom. These are some of the many websites a teacher can use to keep their students involved while they also have fun.

Madison Johnson Madison Johnson 4665 Points

This has got to be the hardest part of virtual teaching. Try to get creative with things you know the kids have at home ex: water and cup to test buoyancy, soap, and pepper experiment, anything hands-on and accessible, videos or activities that get them out of their chairs, assigning time outside to check out earth science. If I was a kid I would be bored of packets every day too.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers