Forums

Forums / Physical Science / New Teacher Question about Online Labs

Physical Science

New Teacher Question about Online Labs

Author Post
Deena Gould Deena Gould 5280 Points

Request from a teacher candidate:

Greetings,

My name is Faye Gibson, and I am a student at the University of New Mexico studying coursework required to become a Licensed Secondary Science Teacher.  As a new teacher, I am seeking knowledge from those with more experience than myself.  Distance learning has proved a challenge for us all, and I am hoping you will share your wisdom with me for my own professional development.  I have included a short questionnaire, and I am hoping you would take a few moments to answer it.  Please return to [email protected] no later than November 25, 2020 if you are able to answer.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

Faye Gibson

Questions:

1.    With distance learning in mind, how has your science class been participating in lab activities?

2.    What options do you know of for alternatives to in-person lab experiences?

3.    What barriers would you need to overcome in order to present an alternative to in-person lab experiences?

4.    Have you used online simulations such as pHet and / or Gizmo? If so, will you please describe your experience with these simulations.

Attachments

Questionnaire (0.01 Mb)

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers