Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / New to NSTA

Early Childhood

New to NSTA

Author Post
Joanna Gomez Joanna Gomez 795 Points

Hello, everyone! I am currently student teaching in a second-grade bilingual classroom. Next semester I am planning on staying with the same age group but moving to math, science, and social studies.  I would appreciate any ideas that I can use for my second semester. This semester I mainly taught reading and writing and one science lesson. I am nervous yet excited for student teaching 2.  Thank you in advance,  Joanna   

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

Congratulations to you! Search in the Learning Center for lessons and articles which contain ideas. I taught 2nd grade for many years and we made science journals. The 2nd graders loved creating their journals and showing visitors how they were scientists. We had tadpoles in the aquarium, we grew plants, we did a few experiments with chemical reactions, we measured their height at the beginning and end of the year. We built structures etc. Also look for the NSTA Picture Perfect Science books. They include books that you can read to/with the class and lessons for engineering challenges.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers