Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Will SpaceX soon be in our textbooks?

Earth and Space Science

Will SpaceX soon be in our textbooks?

Author Post
Meanie Maldonado Meanie Maldonado 230 Points

When we were students in our very own science class, SpaceX didn't even exist.  We are living in a much different time now. Even though the company is commercial, will SpaceX soon become a topic that needs to be placed in our curriculum? 

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

That's a great question. I don't know the answer. We don't have science textbooks in my district so I know it won't be in there. However, we are still implementing NGSS and a lot is unknown in pacing and content for science. I just make sure I'm covering everything we can squeeze in as far as the big ideas in NGSS and carving out some time for students to do some engineering with problem solving.

Liliia Khmarskaia Liliia Khmarskaia 5770 Points

I think it needs a time. After couple years SpaceX will be in our textbooks, because it is an important thing for the future. Also, If SpaceX really send a man to Mars, out textbook "cannot ignore" this fact. Will see in 2-3 years.

Randy Florendo Randy Florendo 320 Points

It is a great question. I believe in time, SpaceX will be in textbooks. SpaceX is pushing the envelope of space science. Although it is a private enterprise, their mission is to further the knowledge of science for mankind.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers