Forums

Forums / New Teachers / New teachers

New Teachers

New teachers

Author Post
Joshana Henderson Joshana Henderson 3350 Points

I am a senior in college(going into my last semester) and majoring in Elementary Education and American Studies and the fact of knowing I will be teaching sooner than I think is a bit nerve wrecking.The reason I chose to spend the rest of my life as a teacher is becasue I LOVE KIDS! I have always had a passion for children,teaching them and helping them out as much as I possible can. Becoming a teacher at first is a bit scary because you don't really know what to expect from your students and at the same time don't want any bad reports for yourself. You want to do and be as best as you can to continue providing an learning environment for your students. As others may have said, it may be difficult to understand how to grasp students' attention but once you get a hang out their skills it will come like nothing. The key is too keep them busy and engaged don't give them any reason or do anything to get them distracted from what they are doing/learning becasue children especially elementary, are very easily distracted. Going into a classroom as a teacher for the very first time may be nerve wrecking but once you adapt,get use to your students and your students get use to you it will come as a natural thing. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers