Forums

Forums / STEM / STEM

STEM

STEM

Author Post
Mabely Mendoza Mabely Mendoza 570 Points

As many of you have also noticed, in the STEM program, most of the students are composed of males. I myself was prctically the only girl in my Calculus class when I was in high school and felt discuraged as my classmate was 4-5 boys.  My question is, did anyone else had a similar experience? I feel that over the years people feel discourged to go into the STEM program since Math and Science are getting more advance and complex that can overwhelmed the students, and there are times where some teachers teach for a day and call it a week. 

Madison Johnson Madison Johnson 4665 Points

I think you are 100% right. Girls are not as encouraged to go into STEM which is crazy to me, but I believe that as girls in STEM it is OUR job to encourage the future generations of girls, to bring them up as much as possible and feed their dreams. I know it sucks but we have to create the change that we want to see. 

Madison Johnson Madison Johnson 4665 Points

I think you are 100% right. Girls are not as encouraged to go into STEM which is crazy to me, but I believe that as girls in STEM it is OUR job to encourage the future generations of girls, to bring them up as much as possible and feed their dreams. I know it sucks but we have to create the change that we want to see. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers