Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Cookie Crumbles Article review

Elementary Science

Cookie Crumbles Article review

Author Post
Therese Lapierre Therese Lapierre 315 Points

The Formative Assessment Probes article, Cookie Crumbles, by Page Keeley gives STEM educators a creative and interesting approach to teaching scientific concepts through the lenses of formative assessments. For instance, in this article, students are using a cookie as a model as they observe and predict how the cookie will change when several variables are introduced. Not only does this activity allows for hands-on learning, but it also motivates young children to think critically and scientifically. Teachers can use this activity to teach a variety of scientific concepts. 

Questions: What are some scientific concepts you have taught using the 'Cookie Crumble' activity? and what advice or recommendations do you have for teachers wanting to implement this activity in their classrooms?

Mary Lynn Hess Mary Lynn Hess 12258 Points

Hi Therese,

Thank you for sharing your prospective on the probe. I have not tired this activity. I do have her Formative Assessment Probe book and love it. I will certainly look up this one. Thanks.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers