Forums

Forums / Life Science / HS Biodiversity and Stability

Life Science

HS Biodiversity and Stability

Author Post
Miriah Stone Miriah Stone 843 Points

Hi, I'm a preservice teacher in need of some lesson ideas for a biodiversity unit plan for high school.

Anyone have any great ways they start off their biodiversity unit? Or any engaging go-to lessons?

Thanks in advance!!!

Aggie Veld Aggie Veld 350 Points

Have you considered a case study from SUNY Buffalo?

Check out the HHMI BioInteractive website. There are plenty of resources that you can use to teach biodiversity and stability. One of my favorites is the suite of resources for food webs and trophic cascades. Everything on the site is free. Click on the Classroom Resources tab and use the 'Search' box. Type in the word 'ecology' and you will find some great resources. Another good word to put in the Search box is 'biodiversity.'  Good luck!

In my excitement in giving you information about the HHMI BioInteractive site, I forgot to mention that you need to create an educator account to access the educator resources. You must provide a valid email address in order to do so.

Miriah Stone Miriah Stone 843 Points

No worries at all! I created an account. HHMI BioInteractive looks like it has some great stuff. Thank you so much for the suggestion! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers