Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / science in elementary school

Early Childhood

science in elementary school

Author Post
Susan Caceres Susan Caceres 1660 Points

What are some interactive simple ways to set up for science. I am students teaching, and i feel that there are a lot movies, and worksheets. I want the students to move around? They have all this energy and i think they should use it to their advantage ..in learning of coarse !

Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

There is an article entitled "The Early Years" in the Science & Children journal that has a host of ideas each month that I think will help you. Just do a search on "The Early Years" and it will bring up the articles and each has a short description.

Ashley Pletka Ashley Pletka 1925 Points

I have attached a website that covers tons of ways to teach science to elementary students. It has experiments, games, quizzes, videos, lessons, etc. You may be able to find some things on here that will fit what you are looking for. Hope it helps!

Attachments

http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/ (External Website)

Brianna Del Bosque Brianna Del Bosque 2230 Points

You can always do science experiments in and out the classroom. Students enjoy going outside. Hands on activities are a great way to get students moving around.

Ann Wallace Ann Wallace 170 Points

I am so glad that you are interested in trying to find more active ways to include your students in Science lessons. I think that activities that require student involvement and group work benefit the learning of students. When students are actually “doing” the learning, they learn way more than just listening to lectures or watching videos. Under “Freebies for Teachers” locate the “Fun Science Demos” link and there are tons of interesting experiments that involve students in the learning process. Also, if you browse the Internet or maybe check out your local library I’m sure there are lots of Science activities you can find that would be interesting for your students!

Martalicia Becerra Martalicia Becerra 1795 Points

I personally find this website very helpful. https://www.teachingchannel.org/videos/making-science-engaging

Adilene Trevizo Adilene Trevizo 1465 Points

Science is a very interactive subject where students can perform a lot of experiments and fun activities. Depending on what the objective is, I believe it is always important to provide an engaging and guided activity where students are able to interact with one another. Modeling the experiment and then allowing students to perform is a great way for them to master the objective. Creating one's own experiments, using measuring units, visuals, plants, food, and many more can always be found to be used in broad terms when incorporating into lessons. My advice is to have fun with it, and create a fun and simple way where students can interact and learn using their hands and engaging with one another.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers