Forums

Forums / Life Science / blood typing

Life Science

blood typing

Author Post
Andy Amstutz andy amstutz 265 Points

has anyone ever done blood typing with parent permission?  I have always assumed that it would not be a good idea to try this and have has students work with a simulation lab but i think it would be really cool to actually have student type their own.  probably not going to happen in this day in age, eh?

Michelle Khan Michelle Khan 1075 Points

I would say to try it out. Many students do not know their blood type even in high school and college grades, though you should get parent permission and send it through different processes because some students may not even show the letter to the parents. So I would let the parents know that you are sending it home through e-mail or the remind app. This is really great for students because there are simple ways for them to test their blood for their type. Also then you can discuss the different blood types and the genetics of blood from parent and so on. It's really fun to do, I did it and loved the activity and learned so well with this topic.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers