Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Inquiry Based Project

Elementary Science

Inquiry Based Project

Author Post
Elaine Thomas Elaine Thomas 1525 Points

Hi Everyone, I am doing an inquiry based project on rubber band powered cars. I was wondering what type of assignments are included for two weeks on this project?

Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

I know that you posted this under Elementary Science, but I found a high school article that might give you some great ideas that could be adaptable to elementary grades. It is called "Rev You Engines" and can be found at http://learningcenter.nsta.org/product_detail.aspx?id=10.2505/4/tst09_076_02_35 I also wrote a review about it. Here is the review... This article on rubber band cars takes the activity into the real world of high school students by having them design a car, holding a drag race, measuring distance, checking piston pressure, testing the color of headlights, measuring change in a soda can radiator, and even passing an inspection!! This is definitely an all-inclusive article!!

BELITZA GARCIA Belitza Garcia 1645 Points

I have to do a lesson plan on forces in action, what should I do to make it inquiry based and grab the students attention?

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers