Forums

Forums / Life Science / Teaching through trade books- What happens to seeds?

Life Science

Teaching through trade books- What happens to seeds?

Author Post
Reina Reyes Reina Reyes 2625 Points

This is one of my favorites. It tells you what to talk about seeds for different grade levels and how to approach it . There are experiment ideas and the core standards are provided for it. If in doubt about how to conduct the experiment or how to expand after wards, there are many ideas in this. Younger kids can plant their seed and watch it grow. While older kids get to compare the seeds environment. At this rate, the kids will have consumed enough information on seeds at a younger age to know the comparisons. Really good resource to use during the spring time leading up to mothers day even .Growing plants can be super fun and exciting. You become excited to watch it transform from a seed to a beautiful plant or flower. Easily can also be compared to how human growth is.

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

Here is another interesting thing dealing with seeds. I just got my seed packets and can't wait to start this in the fall. https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments/744.html

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers