Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / How to make Science fun and interesting for students.

Elementary Science

How to make Science fun and interesting for students.

Author Post
Angelmira Vela Angelmira Vela 130 Points

Hello, I would like to get some advice on how me as a future teacher I should make science fun and intresting for the students. I would like that as soon as I introduce a science lecture to be able to capture their attention and get them intrested in the topic. 

- Thank you, Angelmira Vela 

Alyssa Baena Alyssa Baena 95 Points

Hi! 

I would recommend using inquiry based lesson plans! Hands-on inquiry based lesson plans allows the students to 'do' the science. This can be done through exploration and higher level questioning. It’s a great way to get the students interested and wanting to participate.

Robert Delgado Robert Delgado 65 Points

What grade level are you teaching?

Lizette Torres Lizette Torres 105 Points

Hi, Angie my advice to you is to always love the subject and understand it deeply before you introduce it Elementary students are attracted to what you are and can sence your enthusiasm also, dig into their curiosity and make them be excited to want to learn the concept you are introducing either by using literature, pictures and games. Consider using interactive Science notebooks and include fun activities the children will enjoy. 

Gabriela Sanchez Gabriela Sanchez 865 Points

Being able to use their senses are a good way to keep students engaged. This can be done by incorporating hands-on activities and teaching beyond the classroom. Maybe students can do a lesson outisde, where they can record their observations. They can also watch videos. When learning about plants, for example, the teacher can have a real plant in the classroom. This gives students the opportunity to use their senses. 

Gabriela Sanchez Gabriela Sanchez 865 Points

Being able to use their senses are a good way to keep students engaged. This can be done by incorporating hands-on activities and teaching beyond the classroom. Maybe students can do a lesson outisde, where they can record their observations. They can also watch videos. When learning about plants, for example, the teacher can have a real plant in the classroom. This gives students the opportunity to use their senses. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers