Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Interactive, phone-linkable virtual posters and slides for remote classes and science fairs

Distance Learning

Interactive, phone-linkable virtual posters and slides for remote classes and science fairs

Author Post
Jonathan Fisher Jonathan Fisher 60 Points

Hi - As someone who teaches at both a K-12 level as well as graduate students, we've had a tough time with doing science fair type posters and interactive presentations. So we created a free utility that can help you do that. It's a web app ( snorkle.io ) that creates interactive, sharable visualizations that you can share by link or QR code. For science fair posters, if you're doing it over zoom, you can upload and create extremely zoomable URL versions, even with interactive embedded visual items. For example (this is geared toward graduate/profession obviously, but I use it also for younger kids as well): Zoomable poster link (biomedical-related) Quick glance looks like this: The software also generates a QR code for these things so you can see it on your phone, e.g.: or, if your poster is in powerpoint slide format, the individual panels can be interactive live, and look like this:   And for lessons over zoom, for example with powerpoint slides, you can make things like these super easily, and people can interact on their phones with the auto-generated QRs: COVID structure (grabs from Sketchfab): Or even cool (yet real!) chemistry visuals, like: Molecular structure of the spike protein : Anyhow, we have tutorials on how to use it to insert interactive visuals into powerpoint and also for making interactive posters. These tutorials are aimed at a more technical / graduate level, but trust me, all students like 3D learning! (and I'm HAPPY to help you figure out how to do whatever you might envision): For posters: https://youtu.be/bxJg90kcpS0 Using in powerpoint: https://youtu.be/Xgv0iUhBCLY  

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers