Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / How to Integrate STEM Into Early Childhood Education

Early Childhood

How to Integrate STEM Into Early Childhood Education

Author Post
Jennifer Cuenca Jennifer Cuenca 1425 Points

Parents are considered to be a child's first teacher and this article shows how parents can get their child involved with STEM activities. In the article, they give 5 ways to have their kids to get themselves involved in the subject. It can be intimidating because of the assumption of understanding the STEM topics at such a young age. One good method is for the adults (teachers or parents) to engage themselves with the subject and activities involved before bringing that to the students/children. Teaching STEM may take a while for children to understand so patience is also a key in order for them and parents/teachers to succeed. With improving teaching and guiding parents to STEM, it will guarantee children to get a grip in learning and benefit them in the future.

Chalese Carthran Chalese Carthran 355 Points

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your post I really enjoyed your post I wonder if these are things that you have learned over time or from a wonderful article please let me know it seems like it would be a great read. I have found that parent involvment helps children learn a topic even more. I also agree that teaching STEM requires patience but I think even more then patience a teacher (parent or not) needs to allow for multi-sensory learning. I try to remind myself of this by requiring every day activites to involve a do something, say something, see something, move somewhere. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers