Forums

Forums / Professional Learning / Summer Professional Development Web Seminar May 12th

Professional Learning

Summer Professional Development Web Seminar May 12th

Author Post
Flavio Mendez Flavio Mendez 52501 Points

Arlene,

The US Department of Education' 2010 National Education Technology Plan states that 'teachers may enhance their learning through blending the best of onsite PD with online PD...'

Many of us will spend time this summer attending workshops, conferences, or taking community college or university courses. All great onsite professional learning experiences that can be enhanced with online PD activities available in the Learning Center. We will talk about this on the seminar.

We will also share information about the PD Plan and Portfolio tool in the Learning Center that may be used to plan and document ALL professional learning experiences! Check the URL below for a brief (3-minute) overview of this tool.

http://learningcenter.nsta.org/PortfolioTool/videos/portfolio_overview/index.html

Join us at the web seminar for a live discussion or watch the archive version when convenient to you. Over 200 people are registered to attend the live program.

Flavio.

Netosh Jones Netosh Jones 4680 Points

Yes, I am here and of course Flavio is fantastic. netosh

Jessica Mollen Jessica Mollen 1865 Points

attending a technology integration conference conference in Tucson AZ for 1 week. Attending PD classes offered at my district for free (Brain based learning, Using foldable in science) Online webinars with NSTA.

James Shingler James Shingler 3400 Points

How can I find out about grad credits in Inquiry Science ?

Mary Morgan Mary Morgan 4835 Points

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right place. My plans for summer development are: -attend my annual APSI (AP Summer Institute) -train fellow teachers in using PASCO probeware and Promethean -I'll probably also incorporate some of the NSTA opportunities offered into my summer training as well. I've been lurking around the website for the past few minutes checking out what else is offered.

Anne Bryant Anne Bryant 2855 Points

I am a career switcher, so I'm finishing my degree with a summer class this year. I'm also in a district-sponsored classroom management and engagement series. I will also be doing A LOT of unit planning because I might be teaching 6th and 7th grade!

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92276 Points

It sounds like you will be very busy, Anne. I know you will find the Learning Center to be an excellent resource for middle school activities and ideas. Welcome to the profession! Carolyn

Netosh Jones Netosh Jones 4680 Points

Hi James check out NASA ENDEAVOR FELLOWS PROGRAM I am a graduate of that accredited program. You'll receive STEM Certification from Teachers College, Columbia University. It is a superb program, one in which you'll enjoy and grow in your own inquiry based learning. good luck (you may use my name as a referral Netosh Jones)

I would like some help on how to obtain simulation on NSTA? Thank you, Jim

Karim Moghrabi Karim Moghrabi 610 Points

Greetings Ms. Leighton I enjoyed the "Summer Professional Development" web. It was very informative and am looking forward to utilizing this web during summer training. Many Thanks MOGHRABI

Hi Arlene, I'm looking for simulatios to use inphysical science class,chemistry and physics unit.Thank you for all your help. Jim

Patricia Rourke Patricia Rourke 45925 Points

Arlene, You have a great thread going here and everyone is so helpful. I used the url embedded in the message identifying the web seminar on Inquiry: The Inquiring Mind Wants to Know http://learningcenter.nsta.org/search.aspx?action=browse&text=&price=0&product=sciguide&subject=40&topic=0&gradelevel=0&qolid=&state=&subid=&gl=&docyear=&sort=Alpha but this did not direct me to the webseminar archive for Arthur's seminar. Is this the url that you mean? http://learningcenter.nsta.org/products/symposia_seminars/NLC/webseminarIX.aspx Thanks, patty

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers