Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Science Experiments for Pre-K 3 Students

Early Childhood

Science Experiments for Pre-K 3 Students

Author Post
Marcela Leal Marcela Leal 510 Points

Hello everyone, I am currently working as a teacher assistant for a Pre- K 3 class and was looking for ideas on science experiments that these young children could do in the classroom. We have done an experiment that includes water, but I am looking for something that does not require water. Thank you!

Deborah Federico Deborah Federico 350 Points

Hello Marcela, I see that you are looking for an experiment to do with your students in the classroom that does not involve water. An experiment I think would be great for your student is one called 'magnetic jar' This experiment involves students getting into groups and each group has a glass jar half filled with rice, one you have filled the jar with rice you will add nuts, bolts, paper clips, bobby pins, and anything magnetic. The rice will give the idea of hiding the magnets once everything is in the jar you close it and mix everything together, you will then hand each student a strong magnet and have them run it across the outside of the jar so they can see how the magent picks up each item and they can move around in the jar. I think it would be such a neat experiement for them to see how the magnet attracts the different metals. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers