Forums

Forums / Life Science / Active Transport in a Cell

Life Science

Active Transport in a Cell

Author Post
Caroline Boisvert Caroline Boisvert 20 Points

Hello! My name is Caroline and I am planning out a week long instructional plan on diffusion and osmosis for 7th grade science. The first three and a half days are to cover diffusion (passive transport) and osmosis using a lab and explorations and videos. I want to include a fun interactive lesson on active transport. Preferably something that also shows the contrast between active transport and passive transport. This could be an exploration or video (I haven't had much luck just Googling the information). I want to know if any among you have been able to find some really student-friendly material on active transport that could be covered in a day and a half. Any information is welcome! Thanks!

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92276 Points

Hi Caroline,
I came across a lesson plan/article in the middle school science journal that I have done in my 8th grade science classes. The students really can visualize diffusion from this activity. You can access it at: Embracing Learners' Ideas about Diffusion and Osmosis
Carolyn

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers