Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / NASA Spacecraft Snaps 1st Photo of Mercury

Earth and Space Science

NASA Spacecraft Snaps 1st Photo of Mercury

Author Post
Manuel Vasquez Manuel Vasquez 1950 Points

First time ever photo taken from a NASA spacecraft of rocky planet Mercury. Article: NASA Spacecraft Snaps 1st Photo of Mercury from OrbitSPACE.com StaffDate: 29 March 2011 Time: 05:01 PM ET OrbitSPACE.com

Sue Garcia Sue Garcia 42675 Points

Just to add a link to see the photos of Mercury: http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/First-photos-Mercuryorbit/ss/events/sc/033011mercury#photoViewer=/110330/photos_ts_afp/68cdc2ba8f3f16a3929216213cbebef4 My students love these...6th graders.

Dorian Janney Dorian Janney 10505 Points

Thanks for sharing these with us! I had shown my students an article about MESSENGER having successfully entered Mercury's atmosphere- and they were really impressed. I will update them on the new data already coming back to us! It is wonderful to have this forum to find up-to-date materials and ideas to use these teachable moments!

Diane Ripollone Diane Ripollone 3210 Points

If your really interested check out the Messenger Site it as a wealth of information on the mission and spacecraft. The education section also has some good videos to go along with the mission. Great STEM material.

Diane

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers